Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Smile

We have said it a million times
And regressed more often
We made a million promises
But only noticed unkept ones
And I am sorry for those
For not being the one
I long for you to find
Someone who makes you smile
I hope that you will smile someday
And this I say with a smile
Lets set ourselves free
Give each other freedom
I hope you will understand
I hope I am forgiven
For now I will pray
Wishing your ascension
And when you will find
Someone who makes you smile
I will be the first to say
'I'm glad to see you smile'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet and a heartfelt piece of writing. It probably brings out the 'shaafiee' i knew and don't know any more. And I almost feel like i'm stalking by writing this. I have to say you are one of the few Maldivians who has ever given me an intellectual stimulation - somethin I miss every time I hang out there. So thank you, at least for that. Very kind of you to wish someone else to find the right one for them. I think you obviously care. We need more of that in the world.