Friday, January 06, 2006
Found a friend

I have regained happiness
Away dispair and loneliness
Mingling with hope and joy
Feeling life's mischievous ploy
Take away my uneasiness
My saviour a bonny lass
With an intellect to make envious
The likes of Sigmund Freud
Or any fictitious android
Or the morally challenged or pious
She brings hope to us
That people are boundless
When it comes to providence
Not all will say 'good riddance'
That some choose to be gracious
To thee I pledge allegiance
And know that I am anxious
To support all your ventures
Monolithic to trivial ones
I'm enthused beyond regress
Ere I ached with grievance
'Bout humanity's dying conscience
You prove there exists honesty
And perhaps even loyalty
That people still cherish in essense

11 comments:

Muhammadh said...

cool poem.

Mary-Jo said...

Glad you aren't feeling so blue anymore.

Unknown said...

oh my!this is indeed a total 360 degrees turning!hurray! hehe.. its always nice to see people emerging from the throes of depression.. and darkness..

this new friend must be really something eh :P .. as for finding a friend.. it is something really hard ,coz its very rarely that we come across people,who we can really be friends with..so cherish her while u can! who knows whats in store for u or her tommorrow eh!

Anonymous said...

lass ? do you mean fasy a.k.a printey ?

persona non grata said...

anonymous: you get a million points for the funniest comment on my blog thus far! :)

shanu: it's not like we've (my friend and i) have had that many conversations yet, but i feel that she's someone i can trust - and that is important.

Unknown said...

Indeed ..trust, yes.. one of the key ingredients to any sort of relationship..hope it works out with her.. dont forget to keep us updated! :D

persona non grata said...

Hey, Shanu! You're going to scare her off with words like 'relationship'. This is just a friendship and that's the way I want it.

Unknown said...

oh come now.. it wasnt meant to imply any sort of a 'bad' or complex meaning..and if she is as..good as u say i am sure she wont be scared with a word like 'relationship' sounds as though she is made of much stronger stuff :)

persona non grata said...

Got ya!

Simon said...

No wonder PERL hackers don't write poetry. :P

persona non grata said...

Tell me about it. Gotta stick to coding :).